This article, and the provisional WACX calendar, was updated on 13 February. The following changes were made:
- The opening race of the season, #partyinthepark, has been moved from Sunday, 19 March to Sunday, 26 March.
- The Numbat Cup Series race that was pencilled in for Sunday, 16 April has been cancelled. But don’t fret – there is an awesome gravel event taking place in Nannup on 15 – 16 April. Take a look at Tiger Tracks Gravel.
The Numbat has been working hard over Summer to plan out an epic season of cyclocross racing for your enjoyment.
Provisional dates have been released for the 2023 WA Cyclocross season.
SuperCross will not be taking place this year as we’ll be focusing our collective efforts on hosting and delivering Round 1 and Round 2 of the 2023 AusCycling National Cyclocross Series.
The WACX racing season will get underway at our traditional intro event at Perry Lakes Reserve:
- #partyinthepark | Sunday, 26 March
This will be followed by the opening three rounds of the Numbat Cup Series:
- Numbat Cup | Round 1 – Sunday, 2 April
- Numbat Cup | Round 2 – Sunday, 7 May
After this is the big event! Perth is hosting the opening rounds of the National Cyclocross Series at Garvey Park in Ascot:
- AusCycling National Cyclocross Series | Round 1 – Saturday, 20 May
- AusCycling National Cyclocross Series | Round 2 – Sunday, 21 May
It’s back to regular programming after we wave goodbye to our interstate visitors, with the next two rounds of the Numbat Cup Series:
- Numbat Cup | Round 3 – Sunday, 11 June
- Numbat Cup | Round 4 – Sunday, 2 July
Then it’s time for us to find out who WA’s best cyclocross riders are:
- AusCycling WA State Cyclocross Championships – Sunday, 23 July
We finish off the season with the final round of the Numbat Cup Series, where our series winners will be crowned. Who will be the 2023 Numbat Cup Series Champions?
- Numbat Cup | Round 5 – Sunday, 6 August
Not all racing venues have been secured yet, and some take a little more time than others to lock in. We’ll be sure to keep you all updated once we lock each venue in. Make sure you never miss a pedal stroke by joining our Facebook page and by signing up to our e-news.